Wednesday, November 7, 2012

20 Questions with IVY AMBROSIA



To introduce the burlesque STAR DESTROYERS' in  20 Questions: The Star Destroyer Series, here is Canberra based burlesque beauty,  IVY AMBROSIA!

"Performer, Amateur Burlesquer, Cocktail drinker, Occasional Alt Model, Shakespeare devotee, Dionysian and avid tea drinker."

This formidable woman is a modern vintage firebrand. 
What them fellas back in the fifties would have called a "barn burning broad... classy, mysterious, lips like rosebuds and skin like pearls...she had a mind on her that could send a man to space (if she didn't go first) and a body that was out of this world... you knew this dame would get you in to trouble but this was the kind of trouble you pray for."  J

Feminine. Feminist.  Formidable.

Ivy Ambrosia by Allyeska Photography

I V Y  A M B R O S I A

1. what’s your breakfast of champions?
It used to be a proper eggs benedict with ham and hash browns on the side but now I'm gluten free so no more english muffins!  So I guess the new one would be eggs and bacon no toast!

2.do you have a pre performance ritual?
Not a ritual per-se but I do have a tendency to stare at the performace space and visualise how the act will work in this space.

3.what inspires you?
Everything! But most of all my family and friends I am surrounded by truly amazing people who are alway striving to be the best they can and that inspires me to do better too.

4.what’s your last passport stamp?
Singapore in 2011, I visited my cousin on my way back from living in the UK

5.Time travel; where, when and why?
That's a hard one as there are so many options! If pushed I think I'd have to go for ancient Greece so I could partake in Dionysus' Bacchanalia (pre Roman appropriation)

6. the book that shook you up was...?
"How Dangerous Men Think: and how to stay safe for life" by Brent Sanders it claims to be a book every woman should read, I disagree I think EVERYONE should read it!

7. what’s your biggest indulgence?
Goodberry's Frozen custard, it's so much fun to mix flavour and it beat the pants of cold rock!


8. What do you want to be remembered for?
Living a good life and loving with all my heart.

9. Any fictional character most like you?
An ex of mine once compared me to Sybil Vane, it wasn't until I read 'The Picture of Dorian Grey' I realised how right he was (less so now but certainly I was then)

10. Who would play you in a movie of your life?
ME.

11. We all know you’re mega talented but what’s your HIDDEN talent?
Apparently people don't realise that I can sing... which is odd because I sing all the time

12. A dinner party of 8; you and…?
Sounds dreadful but me and seven of my friends and ample amounts of wine and food!  I adore my friends and really can't think of anyone else I'd rather share a meal with

13. What’s your power colour?
All of them.

14. Swings or slides?
Swings.

15. the creative masterpiece (book/film/song/painting/photograph/etc) you wish you had created?
The Ballad of Reading Gaol - Oscar Wilde "For each man kills the thing he loves..."

16. if you led the country you would...?
Probably do a terrible job, I have no understanding of economics or politics on a global scale. I'd surround myself with people who knew what they were doing!

17. Sex is…fun!

18. Equality means…
just that. It's a state whereby individual differences between people are allowed for without references to sex or gender.  Equality doesn't have targets or quotas it just is.

19. Women and Men are...
Not as different as we are lead to believe.

20. How do you DESTROY THE JOINT?
by being and believing!

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing, knowledgable lady!
    Miss Ivy, you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete