Friday, November 23, 2012

20 Questions With Diesel Darling


Sunday November 25th at The Standard (click above link for more details)


This next STAR DESTROYER is a powerhouse!  A new addition the Destroyer line-up... DIESEL DARLING "...is a snake charmer, keeper of the flames, vertical gymnast, remover of clothes, legs of your dreams.
A trained actor, dancer and jeweller, this little Darling combines all of her talents to visually assault the senses with her conceptual attacks on acceptable behaviour."

DIESEL DARLING is also the creator of GlamRock Burlesque and the handler of Danger*...

Diesel handles Danger aka Claudia her snake.


1. What’s your breakfast of champions?
Muesli with fresh fruit and a cup of tea 

 2. Do you have a pre performance ritual?
Stress? I indulge waaaaaay too much time on hair and make up but its my zen place and I get carried away until I realise I’m gunna miss my curtain call! 

 3. What inspires you?
Things I don’t know, things people think are 'too hard', things just outside the acceptable cusp of 'normality' 

 4. What’s your last passport stamp? How was it?
Hmmm I was in the USA for two years but I have an American passport so there is technically no stamp on it.
On the Aussie it’s a stamp for Amsterdam... I broke my leg there, jumping off the back of a bike that was ‘dinking’ me around the city. I stereotypically ended up in emergency in Amsterdam and was awarded a knee high cast for my efforts.
 My friend helped me cut it off a week later and I hobbled around Europe for 3 more weeks ignoring the pain and the thought of irrevocable damage.
By the time I got back to the USA I was forced to wear an air-boot cast, which I also promptly removed to climb a 6 story flower tower at burning man... I’m still able to rock the socks out of 6inch heels so it was well worth it I think.

 5. Time travel; where, when and why?
I think I’d rather be able to stop time than time travel... I’m perpetually late!

6. What’s your biggest indulgence?
Shiny shit; jewellery, fabric, costumes, glitter. Also it’s possible that alcohol belongs on this list...

 7. What do you want to be remembered for?
Being different. In Sydney this is hard but I’m from Broken Hill, and what I’m doing right now is very 'different'. Being fearless.



 8. Any fictional character most like you?
Hmm, I’ve never thought about this... [but I] put this one to my friends [and it was] a tie between Jessica Rabbit and Pheobe from ‘Friends’.
(also in the favourable mentions was Joey from ‘Friends’.)

 9. Who would play you in a movie of your life?
Hopefully me ha ha! But perchance I was dead...

 10. We all know you’re mega talented but what’s your HIDDEN talent?
I can wiggle (and I don’t mean flare, although I got that down too) my nose really really fast, sounds weird, looks weirder...

 11. A dinner party of 8; you and…?
I think you are looking for celebs here but aside from the guy who says "my name is Inigo Montoya you killed my father, prepare to die" in ‘The Princess Bride’, it would be my family and my closest friends. We are spread near and far and never together enough.

 12. What’s your power colour?
Red

 13. Swings or slides?
Slides

 14. Sex is… What is this 'sex' you speak of??

 15. Equality means… The freedom to be exactly who i want to be. I wish this could extend to the greater world. I appreciate immensely the opportunities I have. We are not all so fortunate.

 16. How do you DESTROY THE JOINT?
One article of clothing at a time

THANK YOU STAR DESTROYER!

****************************************


****************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment